Friday, May 23, 2014

"Ask the Missionaries!"

Now that I'm firmly ensconced within the fold, the missionaries don't come a-callin' quite as often as they used to, but they stay in touch.  So I have a little scratchpad where I occasionally scribble down questions I have about the finer details of Mormon life that I'm not yet quite clear about.  Most of these questions are good-faith, I-really-want-to-now queries, but I will admit that sometimes I include a question that's more a matter of mischief-making.  You know, like, "Bwahahahahaha, let's see what the missionaries can do with THIS!" 

Well, they're stopping by tonight, and I have one question of each type for them.  See if you can guess which is which:

1.  Does reading the Ensign count as part of "daily scripture study"?

2.  Why do we go to all the trouble of trying to convert living people to the faith -- given all the hassle and expense -- when we can just wait for them to die and then do their temple work for them?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a good visit, we always do.  Salt of the earth, thems is.


No comments:

Post a Comment